Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fishing Trip

Well another experience with a 1977 bass boat lead to another "interesting" fishing trip. My son and I had been fishing for about five minutes when the trolling motor stopped working. We pulled out to the main river below Wheeler Dam where we could drift fish and I started working on the boat while my son was fishing.

The trolling motor did not get repaired on the fishing trip so we spent the remainder of the trip drift fishing and were able to pick up a few bream and a catfish. It seems that fishing trips are growing more and more adventurous.

We had fun and were able to spend some quality time fishing which is the main reason we go. I love the song by Trace Atkins, "Fishing" and it pretty much sums up why I going fishing with my son. It will not be long before I take my little girl on the boat with us, and that will certainly be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment