Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Little Girl's First Fishing Trip

My son and I have been fishing together for several years, but most of the time my little girl stayed at home. She has done a little fishing in small segments but not on a day's excursion with us. She is finally old enough to join us safely. We started like I started my son, fishing from the bank.

The weather conditions were not that great but we knew we would have fun. We carried minnows and worms and ended up using more worms than anything. We were basically just trying to find anything that would bite. After several tries we ended up catching s few small bream. Although our youngest "fisherperson" didn't catch one all by herself she had a great time. We made sure to move frequently and not take it too seriously. We found several shells and threw some rocks in the water just to make the trip a little more fun.

My son was a real trooper, even though it wasn't quite the same type of trip he is accustomed to taking he had a great attitude and was a great big brother. The laughs and the giggles were priceless and it will not be soon forgotten. The little picnic made the day complete and we had a great time. The only problem, if you call it a problem, is both of them will want to go every trip. I am not ready to take both of them in the boat so some negotiations will certainly be in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment